The Gorman Lady Panthers finished their regular season 1A District 19 schedule last Tuesday evening (February 5) by hosting Three Way High School. Before their season finale, Coach Sandoval and
The Panthers do a great job of blocking out for the rebound. L. to R. Isaiah Landa (35), Junior Madera (4), Justice Fischer (11), Cameron Sparger (2).
Photo by Ed Rodgers
Kelsie Guthery takes a 5-foot jumper for the Lady Panthers while Briana Landa (1) gets in rebound position. Guthery scored 20 in Gorman’s loss to Huckabay.
Photo by Ed Rodgers
LEFT - Dawson White
(10) breaks away from the Eastland defense and soars through the air for an open layup Tuesday evening in Eastland.
RIGHT - Sophie Hurtado (33) nails a 3-pointer in the second quarter of the Lady Loboes’ district matchup with the Lady Mavs Tuesday night in Eastland.
RIGHT - Douglas Forester (14) looks to find the open Lobo against Eastland in the fourth quarter of Tuesday night’s district matchup in Eastland.
LEFT - Leigh Anne Montell (34) gets above Hannah Jordan’s (23) outstretched arms for 2 points late in the game Tuesday night for the Lady Loboes.
LEFT - Gibson Hearne
(3) hits a 3-pointer in the second quarter of Cisco’s district matchup with Eastland last Tuesday evening in the Marshall Gym.
RIGHT - Katelyn Bird
(12) has an open look at a layup in the second quarter of Cisco’s game Tuesday night against Eastland in the Marshall Gym.
LEFT - Hannah Jordan (23) goes up strong on the block for the Lady Mavs and gets fouled by the Lady Lobo defender in the second half of Eastland’s district game with Cisco.
RIGHT - Maggie Morton (14) has an open look at the basket down low for the Lady Mavs against the Lady Loboes last Tuesday evening.
LEFT - Johnathan McCoy (4) leads the offense in the fourth quarter of Eastland’s district game against Cisco last Tuesday evening in Eastland.
LEFT - Behren Morton
(14) drives the baseline against the Lobo defense early in Tuesday night’s district game against Cisco in the Marshall Gym.
RIGHT - Hailee Stacy
(10) nails a 3-pointer well beyond the arc in the first quarter of the Lady Mavs’ district game against Cisco last Tuesday in Eastland.
On Tuesday evening (Jan. 29), the Gorman Lady Panthers clinched a playoff birth (3rd place) with a 57-23 victory over their Eastland County counterparts, the Rising Star Lady Wildcats. A
The Lady Panthers of Gorman are battling for the third and final playoff spot in the district. They were able to easily handle Lingleville and Bluff Dale to solidfy their
Jan. 25th Boys & Girls vs. Bluff Dale @ Gorman Jan. 29th Boys & Girls vs. Rising Star @ Gorman Feb. 1st Boys & Girls @ Huckabay Feb. 5th Boys
Laney Dixon (00) scored 4 points for Gorman against the Lipan Lady Indians last week.
Photo by Jennifer Forester
Ella Segura (5) led the Lady Panthers in their game last week with district-leading Lipan with 7 rebounds and 4 steals.
Photo by Jennifer Forester
LEFT - Savannah Dycus gets above the Coleman players to aggressively grab a defensive rebound in the first half of Cisco’s district win over the Bluekatts.
RIGHT - Avery Lewis (10) is all alone beyond the 3-point arc in the second half of the Lady Loboes’ district matchup with the Coleman Bluekatts Tuesday night.
LEFT - Sophie Hurtado goes up strong to the basket while being fouled by the Bluekatt defender Tuesday night in Cisco’s district victory over Coleman.
LEFT - Gibson Hearne soars through the air under the Coleman defender for a reverse lay-up in the second quarter of Tuesday night’s district win in Coleman.
RIGHT - Stephen Bird is open for an easy lay-up in the first half of Cisco’s district win over the Coleman Bluecats Tuesday evening in Coleman.
RIGHT - Dawson Hearne gets above the Coleman defenders Tuesday evening for an open look at the basket in Cisco’s district win over the Bluecats in Coleman.
RIGHT - Jordan Mayes
(24) draws contact from the Dublin defender as she attacks the basket in the Lady Mavs’ district win over the Lady Lions Friday night in Eastland.
LEFT - Anthony Bonilla
(12) grabs the loose ball under the Mavs’ basket in the second half of Eastland’s district game against Dublin Friday evening.
LEFT - Payton Johnson
(3) soars above two Dublin defenders for a one handed shot in the lane Friday night in Eastland.
RIGHT - Hailee Stacy (10) hits a running jumper from about 8 feet in Eastland’s district game against Dublin last Friday evening in Dublin.
LEFT - Makenna Moreno (11) knocks down a short jumper along the baseline over 2 Dublin defenders Friday night in Eastland.
RIGHT - Behren Morton (14) gets above the Dublin defenders for a 5-foot jump shot inside the paint Friday evening in Eastland’s district game against Dublin at Marshal Gym.
The Gorman Lady Panthers had an opportunity last week to make a strong statement in their district with their game against the leaders, the Lipan Lady Indians. Kelsie Guthery led